Monday 17 May 2010

Still Saturday

So, after the fun run we went to breakfast at the Pancake House. Shamed to say I ate bacon and eggs I was so hungry. I'm a very bad vegetarian! Breakfast over Hap and I took some clothes back that didn't fit and we just had enough time to get ready for Bella's first communion.

The Church is a very modern, spacious building. There were lots of kids taking their first communion and the Father was a very 'gung ho' Irish man. The service was modern, and a girl with a nasily voice played the guitar and sang. Something over an hour later we were done. (Sorry about the paucity of detail in this post, but I'm trying to catch up to the present so I don't lose track and I've never been good at writing journals or diaries, despite being a writer).

Here's Bella in her finery. Isn't she a beautiful girl?

Following the service we went to supper at an Italian restuarant where it was so dark you couldn't read the menu and we had to use a keyring light to see. The food though was lovely - I redeemed my vegetarian-ness by having butternut squash ravioli on a bed of spinach. Very tired, we all went home to bed early. By now my body clock was starting to work out which way was up.

No comments: